We all know that kids are prone to slips and falls, which is why choosing the right flooring option for a play area or a child’s play area is vital. While there are many flooring options out there, some types work better than others. For example, interlocking floor mats for kids offer an environment that is warm and inviting. Interlocking mats can be installed quickly and effectively without the need for contractors. This version of a rubber flooring tile are just as durable as rolls or the pour-in-place varieties.
Rubber is the best option for a puzzle play mat because:
Continue Reading Below
Offers a Safe Environment: It’s no secret that children like to run around and are prone to falls and injuries. While nothing can offer complete protection from this (except maybe a protective bubble), rubber mats cushion falls and absorb some of the impact, making injures either non-existent or less severe. With a rubber flooring tile, parents can rest safe knowing that their child is safer than they would be on other play surfaces. They also provide traction, making them slip-resistant for kids who are just learning how to walk and clumsy adults alike.
Why Should You Use a Interlocking Mats in Your Kid’s Play Area?
- Fun and Colorful: Rubber interlocking mats come in a variety of colors, making it easy to decorate a play area. Pick all one color for a simple and classic look, or pick a variety of colors to add some personality and visual interest to the room.
- Stain-Resistant and Easy to Clean: Rubber tiles are easy to clean and stain-resistant, making them an ideal choice in areas where spills and other mishaps are common. They don’t require any special cleaners—in fact, they can be cleaned using everyday cleaning tools and equipment. Since they are water resistant you can hose them down with nor worries.
- Easy to Install: Interlocking floor mats for kids are lightweight and easy to install, making them a great DIY project for parents who want to brighten up a play area and add safety and function to the space. Just put them together like a puzzle! Despite being lightweight, these rubber floor mats are heavy enough to stay down under their own weight, so no glue or adhesives are necessary.
- Easy to Uninstall: Despite the durability of interlocking mats, damage is sometimes inevitable. The great thing about flooring is that it is easy to change out tiles that are damaged. Simply lift away the damaged tile and replace it with a new one. The same concept applies if the flooring needs to be uninstalled for other reasons, such as moving it to a new room, a new house, or even outdoors. If different colored tiles are used to create a pattern, the tiles can even be moved around or switched up to create a new look—perfect for children who are growing up and developing their own tastes.
- Anti-Fatigue Properties: Exhausted parents might see this as a disadvantage, but rubber floors often have anti-fatigue qualities, making them an excellent choice for active children. Some children like to stand while they color or play games and anti-fatigue mats work by allowing muscles to subtly contract and expand while standing, increasing blood flow and comfort. This makes it a healthier and a safer option than traditional flooring.
- Eco-Friendly: A modern rubber flooring tile is almost always made from 100% recycled rubber content, which makes it an eco-friendly flooring option. Unlike many other kids toys made from not so eco-conscious plastics, puzzle play mats made from recycled rubber are truly a “Green Floor.”
- Durable Outdoors: Rubber tiles are tough, making them a great product for outside use. Being made from the passenger car tires and you and me drive, makes for a very durable product in outdoor conditions.
- Versatile: Interlocking mats are versatile and can be used in a variety of spaces once a child has outgrown his or her play area. The floor mats can be used to as an exercise mat, in boats, pet areas, the kitchen, outdoors, and more.
Rubber interlocking floor mats for kids are a durable, safe, and affordable option that can be used in a variety of situations. They are easy to install and uninstall, stain- and slip-resistant, and add flair to any space!