A rubber bumper is useful for a wide variety of different applications. The strategic placement of rubber bumper protectors around a given area can help to reduce any damage that may occur from abrasive physical impacts, absorb shock and vibration, and save costs for replacements and repairs to walls and equipment. The costs of having to repair walls, floors, and equipment can be untenably astronomical, so it is always a good idea to safeguard the sensitive and expensive parts of your area with a good rubber bumper product. Solid rubber bumpers can come in a variety of shapes and sizes to fulfill a multitude of applications.
Continue Reading Below
- Shopping carts: Rubber bumper protectors are the most popular type of these products for these applications. We get many calls from clients needing a solution to their shopping carts denting and damaging their walls. A rubber bumper is the ideal solution to this problem because placing a durable piece of rubber on the wall will allow it to serve as a type of rubber cushion pad between the wall’s surface and the shopping cart. It is a padding solution that can eliminate this problem completely.
A Rubber Bumper Protects Property From Damage!
- Doorstops: In order to help protect walls and doorknobs alike, installing rubber bumper protectors on the walls could be the most cost effective and simple solution available. Providing a layer of a durable elastomer, such as Skirtboard, would help to deflect the force from swinging doors to wall surfaces. The rubber material of the solid rubber bumpers will shield the wall from the damaging impact of the doorknob. The physical force spreads out through the surface of the rubber bumper and is absorbed before it can travel through to the wall itself. Doorknobs can easily put dents and holes in walls that are unprotected from their range of motion, but with the proper preemptive placement of a rubber bumper item, this problem can be avoided entirely!
- Weightlifting: Many weight and exercise rooms in both residential and commercial settings are equipped with special flooring to ensure the safety of those working out, the equipment, as well as the subfloor structure. Rubber cushion pad materials are added to areas where heavy-duty weight lifting takes place adds. These rubber bumper protectors help add another layer of precautionary protection. The high impact absorption of rubber ensures that even when the heaviest weights are dropped there will be no damage caused to the equipment or the floor. The force is instead spread throughout the material of the rubber, which is very shock absorbent.
- Machine Padding: Many commercial and industrial machines creep and crawl or cause a lot of noise. A rubber bumper placed beneath these machines can help to eliminate the movement and dampen the noise caused from the use of the machine. It could be anything from an industrial machine in a warehouse to the washer and dryer in your laundry room. Any of these machines could benefit from one of our rubber bumper solutions!
- Laptop Feet: Elastomers are used everywhere in many different ways as protective barriers and surfaces. Looking at the bottom of your laptop you will notice small and round rubber “feet” on each of the corners. These are another form of solid rubber bumpers and are meant to keep the delicate nature of your laptop safe from the hard surfaces you may place it on. These rubber bumper protectors effectively act as a barrier between the machinery of your laptop and the desk you leave it on.
These are just a few of the examples where a rubber bumper can come in handy. These various types of rubber cushion pad products help to protect property, absorb impacts, and maximize cost effectiveness by minimizing the need to replace or repair damaged property or equipment. To learn which type of elastomer is best for your rubber bumper, padding, or buffering applications call one of our rubber experts today!