When we use the term us, we, or our, it refers to each affiliate in the Rubber-Cal family.
The Information Rubber-Cal Collects
Depending upon the type of transaction or relationship you have with us, we may collect the following types of information about you:
- Demographic or identifying information (name, address, phone number and e-mail address)
- Transactional information
- Non-transactional information (responses from surveys, including the Rubber-Cal Survey).
This information is gathered from the following sources:
- You, in credit applications and other transaction forms
- Current and previous transactions or experiences with us or our affiliates (purchases, request for quotation)
- Current and previous transactions or experiences with other third parties
- Our websites (from transactions, surveys, site navigation, cookies*, image tags**, or other technology used to remember information you enter on our websites or your navigation through our websites)***
- Other third parties for marketing programs (demographic firms, direct marketing database firms, and inventory listing websites)
The Information Rubber-Cal Shares
Rubber-Cal does not sell or share information about you to any other companies.
Necessary Third Parties
Rubber-Cal may share some or all of the information described above with third parties, including our affiliates, when needed to provide products and services you have requested or already have with us. Examples of this include sharing information about you with the payment gateways like Paypal to obtain charges for your purchase.
Third Party Service Providers
Rubber-Cal may share some or all of the information described above with third parties, including our affiliates, who perform services for us or act on our behalf. Examples include companies that send you information on our behalf about products and services, companies that process payments for us, and companies that perform analysis for us.
Unaffiliated Third Parties
Rubber-Cal does not sell, share, or rent the information described above with third parties outside of the Rubber-Cal family unless it is allowed or required by law. For example, we may disclose information about you in connection with a fraud investigation, to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or in connection with a merger or sale of all or part of our business. In the event of an extraordinary event—such as a bankruptcy—Rubber-Cal may have to share information about you outside of an exception allowed under the law. In such an event, Rubber-Cal will notify you and give you an opportunity to opt out.
The Security and Confidentiality of Information About You
Employees are only authorized to access personal information about you when it is necessary to perform their job duties. Our employees are trained to maintain the privacy and security of personal information about you in compliance with applicable regulations. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
We may change this policy at any time, and will notify you of changes as required by law.
Important Information About Credit Reporting
We may report information about your account to credit bureaus. Late payments, missed payments or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.
** Image tags work in conjunction with cookies. An image tag, also referred to as a clear GIF or web beacon, is a small image file that may be located on select pages on our websites.
*** At this time, FloorMatCompany (A Rubber-Cal Store) has contracted with Omniture and TruEffect to collect information about how website users navigate our websites. This information will not be disclosed and will be used only to generate anonymous visitor profiles, which do not contain personally identifiable information. The anonymous profiles are used to provide website users content specifically tailored to them. To opt out of Omniture's collection of information about how you navigate our websites, please go to http://www.omniture.com/en/company/acquisitions/visualsciences/privacy/policy. To opt out of TruEffect's collection of information about how you navigate our websites, please go to http://www.trueffect.com/privacy.
Rubber-Cal may change what companies we use to collect this type of information at any time. If we do, we will revise this policy to reflect this change and notify you as required by law.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the controller of your personal information is Rubber-Cal Inc., 18424 Mount Langley, Fountain Valley, California 92708, United States.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated information.
- Other regulated information that is excluded from the CCPA's scope, such as: medical information governed by the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA); protected health information collected by a covered entity or business associated governed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA); clinical trial data subject to the Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects; personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
HOW WE COLLECT, USE, AND SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Rubber-Cal may collect personal information from you in different ways and for different purposes. It is important to note that the types of personal information we collect will depend on your interaction with us, including the types of products.
- Description: Rubber-Cal collects personal information that is capable of being associated with an individual.
- Examples: Name, Shipping Address, Phone number, Billing information
- Sources: Orders, forms, quotes
- Business Purposes: The information is used to properly identify, fulfill, and bill customer orders.
- Third Parties: We do not sell, share, or rent this information about you to others.
CCPA RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
The CCPA provides California consumers with certain rights regarding their personal information. This Section III explains those rights. If you are a California consumer and would like to exercise any of those rights, please see Section III.E (How to Submit a Request) below for more information on how to submit a request.
RIGHT TO KNOW ABOUT AND ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a California consumer, you may have the right to request that Rubber-Cal provide you with information regarding what personal information about you we have collected, used, disclosed, or sold in the preceding twelve (12) months. Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will disclose to you the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- The categories of sources from which we collected your personal information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting your personal information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you in the preceding twelve (12) months.
RIGHT TO DELETE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a California consumer, you may have the right to request that Rubber-Cal delete certain personal information that we have collected from you. However, this right to deletion does not apply to any of your personal information that is subject to an exception under the CCPA (as described below). Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information in our records that is not subject to any of the CCPA exceptions. Specifically, we may deny your deletion request if your personal information is required for any of the following reasons, which we will identify in our response to you if we deny your request:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you to be able to fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF THE SALE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a California consumer, you may have the right to request that Rubber-Cal stop selling certain or all your personal information. Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will process your request as soon as feasibly possible and will also provide notification of your request to any third parties to whom we sold your personal information in the ninety (90) days prior to your request. You may also use an authorized agent to submit a request to opt-out on your behalf, as long as you provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and the agent provides such proof to us when they submit your request. If you opt-out and subsequently enter into any transactions where a sale of your personal information is required as a condition of completing the transaction, we will provide you with instructions on how you may opt back in. In addition, your opt-out will not affect any situations where you direct us to transfer your personal information to a third party.
RIGHT TO NON-DISCRIMINATION
Rubber-Cal will not discriminate against any California consumer who exercises any rights of the CPPA described above. Specifically, we will not deny you goods or services; charge you different prices or rates, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; provide you with a different level of service or quality of goods or services; or suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
HOW TO SUBMIT A REQUEST
If you are a California consumer and would like to exercise any of the CCPA rights identified above, you may submit a request by either completing the online request form at https://www.rubbercal.com/get-help/help-now/ or by calling us at 1-844-Rubber-4 (844-782-2374)
SUBMITTING A REQUEST THROUGH YOUR AUTHORIZED AGENT
If you are a California consumer, you may have the option to designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf, so long the authorized agent has your written permission to do so and you have taken steps to verify your identity directly with us. If you would like to designate an agent, your agent must register as such with the California Secretary of State and submit a copy of this registration along with your consumer request to us. We may need to contact you directly to verify the request.
HOW WE VERIFY YOUR REQUEST
We cannot fulfill your request or provide you with your personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
To verify your identity, we will ask that you provide the following personal information when you submit your request:
Mobile Phone Number
You may need to provide additional information as part of your responses to our identity verification questions. We will only use this information to confirm your identity which may include the use of a third-party identity verification service. In the event we use a third-party identity verification service, our third-party identification verification tool will ask you certain identity verification questions and match those answers with what it has in its database. Depending on your type of request or the information requested by you, we may require additional information in order to verify your identity and fulfill your request.
If we cannot successfully verify your identity, we will inform you of that fact.
We will respond to your request within forty-five (45) days. However, in certain circumstances, we may require additional time to process your request, as permitted by the CCPA or other applicable law. We will advise you within forty-five (45) days after receiving your request if such an extension is necessary and why it is needed. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your verifiable consumer request.
If we cannot fulfill your request, our response to you will also explain the reason why we cannot fulfill your request.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request to know about or access your personal information twice within a 12-month period.
CONTACT US; EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
Tel: 1-844-Rubber-4 (844-782-2374)