10 Industries That Use Rubber Mat/Flooring
Rubber mat /flooring is a multifaceted and ubiquitous product that sees use in a variety of environments. Many types of commercial and industrial facilities rely on rubber mats to offer flooring security and comfort. This is because mat rubber is inherently durable and capable of withstanding abuse better than most other types of surfacing. For this reason, many businesses realize how imperative it to have rubber mat flooring in place. Having the right kind of rubber mats can make the difference between an unsafe flooring environment and one that is secure and welcoming for you, your employees, and your guests of all kinds. Below are ten industries that can –and do- make great use of rubber mat flooring:
Commercial Kitchens: Throughout the nation, kitchens of all sizes need rubber mats to keep their employees –and customers- safe. Kitchens are a kind of area that sees a lot of liquid spills and slippery situations in general. This is the perfect setting for rubber mat flooring to show off just how resilient it can be. Because of the inherent traction qualities of mat rubber, these mats offer a secure surface upon which kitchen employees can walk, stand, and be productive.
Continue Reading Below
- Daycares/Kindergartens: Unfortunately, it is a fact of life that children are accident-prone. For this reason, their safety must be supervised and secured at all times. Rubber mat flooring and its inherent traction is one definite way to keep children upright, on their feet and cushioned (just in case any falls do occur).
- Workshops: Pad your home or commercial workshops with rubber floormats to provide a solid and shielded surface that will protect you, your floors, and your valuable tools and materials. There is virtually no downside to installing rubber tile in any home workshop setting.
- Aquariums: Water resilient and comfortable to stand upon, rubber mats are the perfect addition to any public aquarium. These are places where standing is, obviously, practically required and sometimes in wet environments. By having cushioned and non-slip rubber mat flooring in place for guests, you can ensure that they have an enjoyable and informative experience.
- Theaters: Actors, directors, producers, and crew spend long hours on their feet backstage during all segments of the theater process. Having comfortable rubber floormats in place “behind the scenes” is a surefire way to elicit thanks from weary performers.
- Airports: Everyone knows just how tiring and tedious trips to the airport can be. How about he security staff standing at their stations safeguarding our travels! For this reason, anyone can appreciate just how much rubber mats excel at providing a reliable yet soft surface. The right rubber mats can make anyone standing on their feet for a prolonged period feel comfortable.
- Cruise Ships: No matter how tall or wide the ship, it is still more than likely that some moisture will reach its decks. For this reason, rubber mat flooring is virtually mandatory when it comes to keeping your cruise ship passengers and crew “high and dry” (i.e. safe).
- Gyms (Commercial/Home): It is no secret that gym flooring sees a lot of abuse. From heavy weights to constant foot traffic, the stress put on gym floors is practically endless. Use a rubber mat (or mats, plural) to keep your vulnerable floors secure, structurally sound, and long-lasting.
- Boardwalks/Piers: Another area where moisture is just par for the course, place rubber mat flooring down on all boardwalks and piers to maintain a steady place for visitors to walk, stand, and sightsee.
- Restrooms: One of areas where slip and fall accidents are most prevalent are bathrooms. Secure all home and workplace bathrooms under your supervision by using a sufficient amount of rubber mat flooring. The dangers posed by accidental falls –even in places as innocuous as your home restroom- cannot be overstated.
These are just ten of the many settings that can –and do- use rubber mats to great effect. Your imagination is the only limit when it comes to deciding where to install rubber mat flooring!