Traditional floorings like wood, tile, concrete, and even carpet do not always provide the best traction, and can sometimes prove themselves hazardous surfaces. Moisture, sweat, unstable furniture, and misplaced footing are all factors that can contribute to slips, falls, and ultimately injury. Injuries can be particularly traumatizing and costly, and should be prevented whenever possible to avoid costly medical bills and liability suits. For the comfort of a safe and reliable non-slip surface, you want the best tractionflooring can provide. An efficient and affordable alternative to traditional floors would be rubber traction flooring, which comes in a wide range of varieties to fit the specific needs of your space. Rubber is the ultimate material for safety flooring because it naturally enhances traction, absorbs shock, and softens impacts. Most rubber slip-resistant floor options are designed for DIY applications, allowing you to install them in a space of any size. Rubber floors are a smart choice just about anywhere, but these are our Top 25 places that benefit most from quality traction flooring.
Traction Flooring — Top 25 Places
Gyms and Fitness Rooms: By far one of the most popular places for traction flooring is in commercial and home gyms. Most workouts need very specific conditions to perfect form and prevent injury, so only the best fitness flooring will suffice. Rubber safety flooring is comfortable for workouts and softens impact much better than harder floors.
Playrooms and Playgrounds: No one is more susceptible to trips and falls than children! Playroom and playground floors must have the best traction possible to keep your little ones safe. A soft and forgiving non-slip surface is necessary to minimize possibility for accidents while maximizing safety on impacts.
Pet Day Care: Traction flooring is excellent in pet day cares because it provides cats and dogs with a warm and comfortable slip-resistant floor. Rubber floors for pet care are water resistant and can maintain traction when wet, ensuring safety for both the animals and their caretakers.
Horse Trailers: When horses are transported, it is important to increase slip-resistance in their trailers with traction flooring. The natural bumps and movements of the road can be dangerous for an animal standing up, and moisture on the trailer floor is inevitable. With the added security of anti-slip matting, horses can endure their trailers comfortably.
Boat Flooring: Few places are more prone to slips than a boat! Between the constant movement and unavoidable moisture, a slip-resistant floor is essential for maintaining safety at sea. Corrugated rubber mats or traction flooring are good options to lead moisture away from the walking surface while adding some extra grip.
- Outdoor Pathways and Stairs: Outdoor walkways are usually made from concrete, which becomes extremely slippery when it gets wet. This can be a problem when it starts to rain, especially if the walkway includes stairs or an incline. Lining paths with traction flooring can reduce moisture while enhancing traction to guarantee a safe non-slip surface in any weather.
- Pool Areas: Swimming pools are surrounded by wet concrete, and slips by the pool are bound to happen. You can eliminate the risk with rubber traction flooring—textured or corrugated rubber floors maintain traction, even when the surface is wet.
- Locker Rooms: Much like pool areas, locker rooms usually expose lots of bare feet to wet concrete floors. This is almost like asking someone to get hurt! Rubber traction flooring provides a better grip as well as a warm and comfortable walking surface.
- Ice Skating Rinks: There’s certainly nothing more slippery than ice! Ice rink floors need to be able to take a beating from wet ice skate blades day after day. Traction flooring is crucial when you have people sliding around with blades on their feet! Rubber provides an excellent non-slip surface and won’t be damaged by sharp ice skate blades.
- Concert Venues: Crowded establishments like concert venues also have an important need for traction flooring. Concert-goers get crowded close together, often dancing and bumping into each other quite a bit! Rubber safety flooring is comfortable and provides a stable surface for dancing and jumping around care-free.
- Arenas and Stadiums: The larger the establishment, the more important it is to prevent accidents with a slip-resistant floor. In arenas and stadiums, there are too many guests to keep track of and too many potential hazards for them to trip, slip, and fall over. Traction flooring is essential in maximizing safety and eliminating the opportunities for accidents.
- Work Rooms: Industrial work of any kind could benefit from enhanced traction flooring. Heavy equipment can vibrate or grind against smoother floors, but rubber anti-slip matting absorbs movement to keep the equipment in place. Loose liquids and debris that could normally cause trips and falls is longer a problem with protective rubber flooring installed.
- Art Studios: Paints and other art supplies can get messy, so it is important to have a traction flooring that won’t be easily damaged. Rubber floors can prevent slips over wet paint and provides a heavy-duty surface that stands up to spills of almost any kind.
- Garage Flooring: Most garages have cold and slippery concrete floors, which can be unpleasant to walk upon. An easy way to make the garage an inhabitable space is with a slip-resistant floor. Rubber traction flooring adds safety and comfort to an otherwise cold and unwelcoming space.
- Basement Flooring: Another location that may need a quality non-slip surface is a basement. Like garages, basements are often dark, dank, and cold rooms that you wouldn’t want to spend much time in. To make the most of the space, you need a soft and comfortable rubber flooring that provides the best traction possible.
- Bathrooms: No bathroom can feel safe without anti-slip matting in place. Water is bound to get just about everywhere in a bathroom, but installation of traction flooring ensures the highest slip-resistance possible.
- Kitchens: Cooking and baking can be messy processes, but rubber traction flooring ensures a safe and reliable standing surface so you can focus on the dish and not worry about potentially falling.
- Bedrooms: Though most of us have wood or carpet in our bedrooms, rubber makes an excellent easy-to-clean traction flooring. Rubber provides a comfortable non-slip surface, allowing you to walk around your bedroom barefoot and worry-free.
- Deck or Patio Flooring: For outdoor safety flooring, enhanced traction is necessary to prevent accidents through wetter weather conditions. Rubber is comfortable, durable, and temperature resistant to maintain a safe and enjoyable patio year-round.
- Classrooms: Classroom floors must be able to endure heavy foot traffic and provide safety throughout a number of different activities. Rubber traction flooring efficiently holds furniture in place and enhances the grip of shoes. Rubber floors hold up well against abrasions, ensuring longevity in active classrooms.
- Game and Activity Rooms: Rubber traction flooring is great in game rooms because it is comfortable to stand on and easy to clean. Whether you are playing arcade video games or good old billiards, you will feel comfortable and secure on a rubber slip-resistant floor.
- Grocery Stores: Messes are relatively frequent in grocery stores, so it is important to have the best traction possible to maintain safe conditions. Various liquids, foods, and chemicals can come into contact with grocery store floors, and they cannot always be cleaned right away. Rubber traction flooring keeps spills from spreading and improves grip to prevent slips.
- Construction Sites: Rubber is also great for temporary flooring or anti-slip matting. Construction sites are full of unfinished walkways and potential hazards. By lining safe paths with traction flooring, workers know which floors are safe to walk on and can feel the relief of rubber’s naturally enhanced traction.
- Trade Shows: Rubber traction flooring is also great for temporary use in trade shows. Trade shows see high volumes of foot traffic in a small amount of time, so it is important to have a heavy-duty flooring that is both comfortable and safe. Rubber floors are extremely durable and enhance traction while providing a cushioned anti-fatigue surface.
- Fairs and Festivals: Another great temporary use for rubber safety flooring is at outdoor fairs and festivals. Temporary rubber floorings come in rolls or tiles that are very easy to install and work with, and they still provide the best traction on the market. With so many different varieties, surely there is a rubber traction flooring to fit the needs of any establishment.