10 Places to Use Soft Flooring
For good reason, soft flooring (including soft mats and soft tile products) is an essential part of many professional locations and workspaces. Consumers all over the world recognize the utility that cushion flooring has to offer, especially when it comes to safety and comfort. The protective flooring barrier offered by soft flooring is irreplaceable as a method of reducing injuries caused by slips and falls in practically any area. Below are ten of the places most likely to use soft flooring of all types.
Continue Reading Below
- Playgrounds: Perhaps obvious to some, playgrounds are nevertheless one area where cushion flooring is thoroughly essential. Many playgrounds utilize a form of soft tile where pieces are interlocked together to cover a large area. More still, however, use large soft mats of varying thicknesses to cover wide areas in durable and protective soft flooring.
- Daycares/kindergartens: Much like playgrounds, daycares and kindergartens are places where children congregate in large amounts. And anywhere that sees large amounts of children is also going to see, unfortunately, a large number of slipping and falling children. Soft flooring is relentless in abating these falls, and keeping everyone’s children as accident and injury free as possible.
- Mechanics: Soft mats fit right at home into mechanic and autobody shops; places that require the workers there to be on their feet for long periods of time. By implementing comfort mats into their garages, mechanics knows that they’ll be able to stay on their feet longer and get more work accomplished, while remaining as comfortable as possible.
- Commercial gyms: Shifting barbells, high-foot traffic, heavy machines – gym floors truly do get a lot of abuse. Cushion flooring fits right into commercial gyms of all types, doing its best to protect the vulnerable floors beneath it from the destructive forces above. Cushion flooring also helps in workout areas where high impact workouts take place and he athletes joints, knees and feet are subject to a hard flooring surface. In this scenario soft flooring protects and extends the longevity of the those using the product.
- Commercial kitchens: Notoriously susceptible to large amounts of liquid spills, kitchens are an excellent venue for the installation of moisture-ablative soft flooring. When you take into consideration the fact that cooks, dishwashers, and other kitchen personnel spend many hours at a time on their feet, soft mats are a sensible addition to nearly any bar, restaurant, or kitchen.
- Workshops: Home workshops and storage rooms are especially good places to install cushion flooring. Protecting the floors of these spaces from the potential damage caused by heavy equipment is crucial to maintaining their long term integrity.
- Factories: An obvious candidate for soft flooring, factories typically possess large amounts of floor space that need to be safeguarded from heavy weight and constant foot traffic. Staff who stand in assembly lines are on their feet for an entire shift (not to mention overtime). Soft flooring here makes the workers more productive not to mention the firm they are employed by!
- Firing Ranges: A location where many stand for hours at a time, firing/gun ranges are the ideal candidate for soft mats. Ironically the bullets fired by the sportsmen is absorbed by another version of soft rubber flooring, called ballistic tiles.
- Security Booths: Security guards of all kinds are generally required to be on their feet for hours at a time. Just ask them about how helpful soft flooring can be in their work environment. Again this is a question of worker productivity and soft flooring extends the time in which staff are jolly and effective.
- Valet stands: Soft mats made from rubber are used by hotels and resorts worldwide to provide safety and traction for staff who if are not running to your car and standing in wait and appreciate a comfortable mat.
These are just ten of the most common uses of soft flooring. Check out some of these mats today and see for yourself just how well they fit into almost any area!